This is a family favorite. I think my Mom found it on the back of either a Dole Pineapple lable or the back of a Minute Rice box. It's fast, easy and very tasty if you like pineapple. The Flavor can vary depending on the sweetness of the pineapple. Mom always made this in her electric skillet, but it works in a regular fry pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle porkchops with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Brown chops well on both sides in butter in a large skillet.
- 3Add pineapple and juice.
- 4Reduce heat , cover and simmer for 20min or until tender.
- 5Stack the chops to one side of skillet.
- 6Add water and salt.
- 7Bring to a boil then stir in rice.
- 8Cover and remove from the heat.
- 9Let stand 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Pork Chops and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.2
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 481.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: