Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb pork chop
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 6 slices pineapple slices in syrup, drained,reserve 1/2 cup syrup
- Brown pork chops over medium heat.
- Drain off fat and sprinkle salt.
- Arrange onion slices on top.
- Mix pineapple juice, sugar, allspice, limejuice and enough water to equal one cup.
- Pour into pan and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place pineapple slices on top of pork chops and cook for another 10 minutes.
This is a really good recipe. I made it pretty much as directed, just cut the quantity, because it is just the 2 of us. The pork chops were tender and tasty. I wasn't sure about the water either, so I just left it off altogether. Just used a tad bit more juice.
Very yummy, wasn't sure how much water to add, so added enough to make juices equal to 1 cup. I could cut the chops w/ a butter knife. I will make again!!
I added sliced green peppers & a dash of cayenne pepper to this. I didn't have any lime juice, so I substituted the juice of half a grapefruit. The pork chops were very tender & juicy. Thanks for the recipe!