Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A favorite for the bbq. Taken in a magazine from Quebec (Coup de Pouce) There is 1 hour for the marinade time.
- In a bowl, mix together plum sauce, pineapple juice, ginger, rice vinegar and salt.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the sauce and put it in the fridge.
- Pour the remaining sauce in a shallow glass pan. Add the pork chops and turn them to coat well. Cover with saran-wrap and let marinate in the fridge for 1 hour. (You can prepare the pork chops until this step and cover them and put in the fridge until the next day).
- Preheat the bbq to medium heat. Ligthly oil the grill and put the pork chops and baste with the marinade. Close the cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until that the pork chops are browned but lightly pink inside. (turn the pork chops and baste with marinade at mid cooking).
- While the pork chops are cooking, put the pineapple slices on the grill of bbq and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until that they have marks. Serve the pork chops with pineapple slices.
I will line up behind the other reviewers and say that this dish is very easy and flavourful. A perfect meal during the week; I served it with basmati rice, oven grilled veggies and Focaccia bread. Made for Gimme 5 (24 hour)
4 words, easy, simple, flavorful, and delicious. These were GREAT. Didn't change a thing. Made for holiday tag. Thanks for sharing.
Wow This was awsome. So easy and the flavor was wonderful. Thanks for sharing.