Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is an easy dish to put together, Heinz chili sauce (sold in 12-ounce bottles) is best for this, I have made this using other brands and it is not as good, do not use the spicy chili sauce for this, you may finish the cooking in the oven instead of the stove top if desired, I would think this would work great using chicken in place of pork although cooking time would need to be adjusted -- you may reduce the recipe by half if desired, serve this with cooked rice :)
Top Review by SloppyJoe
Geez, I hate to be the first reviewer and to give it such low marks to boot but DH said it was just OK and I didn't like it at all. Odd because we love all of the ingredients in so many other combinations but it had something to do with the way the Pineapple combined with the Chili Sauce. It just didn't sit right on my pallet. But thanks for posting Kitten!
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chili sauce (use Heinz chili sauce)
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar (you may adjust the amount of brown sugar to suit taste)
- 1⁄8-1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2⁄3 cup raisins or 2⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 -7 pork chops (can use less if desired)
- garlic powder
- seasoning salt or white salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the canned pineapple over a medium bowl reserving the pineapple chunks; whisk in the cornstarch until well blended, then blend in the chili sauce, brown sugar, cinnamon and cayenne pepper; mix well to combine; set aside (leave the whisk in the bowl as you will need to whisk the mixture again just before before using).
- Season the pork chops lightly with garlic powder and seasoned salt or white salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the pork chops in oil until lightly browned on both sides.
- Mix the juice mixture again then add to the pork chops in the skillet along with pineapple chunks and raisins (I use use only half of the pineapple chunks) stir to combine in the skillet.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for about 20-25 minutes or until the pork chops are cooked thoroughly (cooking time will depend on the size of the thickness of the pork chops).
- Serve over rice.