Recipe by Stoblogger
This is one of Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade recipes. She's one of my favorite cooks because she makes so many recipes that are very easy, inexpensive, and delicious.
Top Review by diner524
What a wonderful moist cake, yet so simple to get together!! A nice fruity flavor and the frosting isn't overly sweet!! I followed the recipe to the "T" except that I used less of the soda, as it started pooling in the center. Thanks for sharing your the recipe!!! Made for PAC Fall 09.
- cooking spray
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix
- 1 package jell-o instant lemon pudding (4 serving size)
- 1 1⁄4 cups pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups pineapple soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350°. Spray a fluted tube cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine cake mix and 3 tablespoons of the dry instant pudding.
- Add pineapple juice, butter, and eggs; beat with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape bowl; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes more.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan.
- Make Icing by combining sour cream and the remaining dry instant pudding; beat with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar; beat until smooth.
- Remove cake from pan; place on plate.
- Using a skewer, poke holes in the cake top. Slowly pour pineapple soda over holes (using more or less as desired).
- Spread icing over cake.