Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
originally from "the Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese Cookbook"
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 1⁄4 ounces pineapple, crushed, undrained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and pineapple. Cook, stirring constantly, until clear and thickened.
- Cool; spread onto bottom of pastry shell.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and salt , mixing until well blended.
- Blend in milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour over pineapple mixture; sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 400 degrees, 15 min.
- reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees; continue baking 40 min.
- Garnish with pineapple slices, cut in half, and maraschino cherry halves, if desired.
I had some crushed pineapple to use up, plus an extra pastry shell. I am glad I found this recipe -it really is good and quick and easy to make (for a big PLUS). Will definately make it again, as I am a pineapple lover. The layers are really nice for a change from just a mixture.
I didn't use a crust because, I was too lazy. I needed to use up left-over canned pineapple. I thought it turned out well.
This is very good! It's very sweet and very pineapple-y so only make it if you like pineapple! The directions had some gray areas for me. In step 1, it says to cook something but it doesn't say what so I cooked the first 3 ingredients (the sugar, cornstarch and pinepple, which by the way I used fresh chopped pineapple instead of canned) and I ended up with a lovely pineapple filling. Also, it didn't specify what size pastry shell - I used a 9 inch pie crust. So, after I refrigerated the pineapple concotion for a while, then I spread it in the bottom of the crust and then carefully poured the cream cheese mixture on top then sprinkled with the nuts, as directed. It was real yummy! The pineapple stays on the bottom and the cream cheese mixture forms a cheese-cake like layer on top of it. Delish! I loved the addition of the nuts, too, next time I'll use double the amount. Thank you!