Recipe by Nancy Van Ess
originally from "the Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese Cookbook"
Top Review by 2644jmh
I had some crushed pineapple to use up, plus an extra pastry shell. I am glad I found this recipe -it really is good and quick and easy to make (for a big PLUS). Will definately make it again, as I am a pineapple lover. The layers are really nice for a change from just a mixture.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 1⁄4 ounces pineapple, crushed, undrained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and pineapple. Cook, stirring constantly, until clear and thickened.
- Cool; spread onto bottom of pastry shell.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and salt , mixing until well blended.
- Blend in milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour over pineapple mixture; sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 400 degrees, 15 min.
- reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees; continue baking 40 min.
- Garnish with pineapple slices, cut in half, and maraschino cherry halves, if desired.