Recipe by Grandpa & Grandma Williams
A delicious two-crust Pineapple Pie like my mother used to make.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
Our neighborhood store/deli/bakery closed this year due to the downturn in the economy. They made pineapple pies, so we had to find a recipe. We chose yours and a few people said it was even better than the store's. So easy to make and absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing Grandpa and Grandma. We will be making it again for Thanksgiving!
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple in syrup
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan mix together the pineapple, undrained and the sugar and cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the butter, stir until melted.
- Remove from heat, cool to room temperature while oven is preheating to 425°F and prepare the pie crust in a 9-inch pan.
- Put the cooled filling into the prepared pie crust.
- Cover with top crust, seal the edges and cut a couple vents in the top crust.
- Place in oven.
- Bake at 425°F for 35 minutes.