Recipe by LonghornMama
My grandmother's recipe. Wonderful with turkey or ham for the holidays. Looks very pretty in jars for a nice gift, too. Best when made several days ahead.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
VERY NICE RELISH & a recipe that is now included in my Holiday Gift Ideas cookbook! Half of the pineapple chunks I did slice in half, & the rest I diced, but other than that the recipe was followed! Another time, however, I might actually mash the diced pineapple! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine brown and white sugars, cinnamon stick, cloves, and apple cider vinegar in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add both cans of drained pineapple chunks. Bring to a boil again and cook 10 more minutes.
- Put in jars and store in the refrigerator.