1 hr 10 mins
Adding this recipe per a request on the forums. Number and type of peppers can be adjusted to suit your own personal taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1BRING boiling-water canner, half-full with water, to simmer. Wash jars and screw bands in hot, soapy water; rinse with warm water. Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat. Let stand in hot water until ready to use.
- 2Drain jars well before filling.
- 3PARE and finely chop or grind pineapples. I prefer grinding because it releases the juices better.
- 4Place 3 layers of damp cheesecloth or jelly bag in large strainer over bowl.
- 5Pour prepared fruit into cheesecloth. Tie cheesecloth closedand let drip into bowl until dripping stops. Press gently.
- 6Measure exactly 3 cups juice into 6- or 8-quart saucepot. You should have enough juice, but if you don't you can add up to 1/2 cup water, or unsweetened canned pineapple juice.
- 7Add finely ground peppers to juice.
- 8STIR sugar into juice in saucepot.
- 9Add butter to reduce foaming, if desired.
- 10Bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly.
- 11STIR in pectin quickly. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 12Remove from heat & skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- 13LADLE quickly into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads.
- 14Cover with two-piece lids.
- 15Screw bands tightly.
- 16Place jars in a water bath canner, water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches; add boiling water if needed.
- 17Cover; bring water to gentle boil & process 5 minutes.
- 18Remove jars and place upright on a towel to cool completely.
- 19After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Pepper Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (1515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1600.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 98.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 416.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 371.5 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: