Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This easy and very tasty recipe was given to me by a friend many years ago. It makes a great gift. Enjoy! Cooking time does not include putting in jars.
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup canned pears, drained and diced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup liquid pectin
- Combine pineapple, pears and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil, add sugar, water, and pecans.
- Simmer about 10 minutes or until pineapple and pears are translucent.
- Remove from heat and stir in liquid pectin.
- Pour into sterilized canning jars and seal at once.