Recipe by JanuaryBride
A little bit sweet, a little bit crunchy and a little bit spicy. A great spread to take to a party. Found this recipe in Jan/Feb 2007 edition of Simple & Delicious (a Taste of Home publication so you know it's good). Serve with assorted fresh veggies and crackers for dipping and spreading. Feel free to increase the heat with a half tsp of diced fresh Jalapeno pepper.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 3⁄4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the cheese, 3/4 cup pecans, pineapple, chilies,red pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Right before serving, sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.