Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A little bit sweet, a little bit crunchy and a little bit spicy. A great spread to take to a party. Found this recipe in Jan/Feb 2007 edition of Simple & Delicious (a Taste of Home publication so you know it's good). Serve with assorted fresh veggies and crackers for dipping and spreading. Feel free to increase the heat with a half tsp of diced fresh Jalapeno pepper.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 3⁄4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the cheese, 3/4 cup pecans, pineapple, chilies,red pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Right before serving, sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
Yummmy, the green chilies and pineapple blended perfectly. Made for setting on the patio last night, nice combo with triscits and flat bread and a glass of wine. Made for ZWT.
This spread is absolutely great, what with its wonderful combo of flavors! And me with my sweet tooth, I really enjoyed the fineapple & nuts in it & am anxious to include it on the finger food counter the next time I host one of my monthly meetings! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Recipenapped & made in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 23]