Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very quick, tasty and easy cake to make
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 box confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4-1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix sugar, flour, eggs, baking soda and pineapple.
- Add nuts and mix again.
- Pour into greased and floured pan (s).
- Bake 40 minutes at 350F degrees.
- -------Frosting------Frost when cool with cream cheese icing: Mix sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla.
Went through my zaar recipes today looking for a quick and easy cake, this is what I came up with and its not only quick and easy, but it tastes great! Mine took a little longer than the directions called for, but it was worth the wait. Delicious! =)
This turned out wonderfully! It's worth mentioning that I only used 1 cup of sugar in the cake, and it was plenty sweet enough for us. I baked it in a 9x13'' pan for about 45 minutes. For the frosting, I used 8 oz low fat cream cheese, 1 cup unsalted butter, and 4 cups icing sugar. Lastly, I topped it with a bit of dried (sweetened) coconut flakes. Thanks for sharing a winner!
Wonderful and easy recipe! I baked it in two 9" round pans to make a very dense, moist layer cake. I pressed coconut into the frosting and between the layers to make a mild pina colada type cake. My family didn't leave much for seconds in the morning with coffee!