Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to prepare this one soon and will post any modifications that I make to the recipe.
- 2 gelatin, unflavored, envelop
- 2 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 20 ounces pineapple, crushed (pineapple packed in its own juice)
- 2 medium pears, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 3 tablespoons green peppers (finely chopped) (optional)
- In a small saucepan soften gelatin in 1/2 cup of the orange juice.
- Stir over low heat till gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir in undrained crushed pineapple and the remaining orange juice.
- Chill till partially set.
- Fold in pears and green pepper, if desired.
- Turn mixture into a 6-cup mold.
- Chill till firm.
- Unmold onto a plate.
I made this recipe for the Adopted Recipe Swap. This is a really good recipe. I enjoyed the nice citrus taste from the orange juice. I did cheat a little. I used home canned pears, because I didn't have any fresh pears, and I left off the green peppers. I just didn't think the peppers would be to our liking at all. Overall, a good recipe.