Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
DH said this was the best pie that I had ever made which actually made me feel a little miffed!! I just threw this together the other night, and he thought it was better than those pies that I have spent hours on--the nerve of the man! It is yummy, but not for the purists perhaps unless they are in a hurry--hee hee!!!!
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mix the sugar and the cornstarch together until all of the cornstarch is smoothly blended in.
- Drain the pineapple slices, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice.
- Cut the slices into 1 inch pieces.
- Add the peach pie filling, pineapple pieces and pineapple juice to the sugar and mix well.
- Place one of the pie crusts into a glass pie plate, and pour the pie filling mixture into the crust.
- Cut the second pie crust into strips and place it over the pie filling in a lattice type pattern.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.