Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
this is another variation of payasam. even the biggest payasam hater will enjoy this recipe
- 1 ripe fresh pineapple (peeled cut into small pieces)
- 300 g sugar
- 2 coconut, grated
- 25 g ghee
- 50 g raisins
- 50 g cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger powder
- 4 cardamom pods (powdered)
- 50 g tapioca (sabudana)
- Boil the pineapple pieces in a pot along with a little water until slightly tender and strain.
- bring back the pineapple to the pot and add ghee to fry it well.
- Add sugar and fry. there shouldn't be any crumbs or lumps.
- in the mean time,using the grated coconut, create 1 cup of first extract, 3 cups of second extract, 3 cups of third extract.
- When the pineapple is nicely done, add the third extract of the milk and boil it.
- Add the second extract followed by the first extract.
- When the first extract begins to boil, add the washed chowari.
- When the chowari is cooked and payasam is nicely done, remove from flame.
- Add the fried cashewnuts and raisins.
- Sprinkle the powdered ingredients and mix well.