1 hr 30 mins
This is a great recipe for all festive occassions. I doubled the recipe so I could have more layers. The cake was huge so everyone had a big portion. I used Non-dairy ready to whip topping instead of the cream. If using heavy whipping cream, u will have to add 2-3tbs confectioners sugar to the cream half way through whipping. Vanilla ice-cream is also a great option, but then the cake will have to kept in the freezer. Transfer to the refrigerator for sometime before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 385 degrees F (200 degrees C ). Grease and line an 8" round tin.
- 2Sieve the flours and the baking powder together 3 times.
- 3Using an electric blender beat the egg whites to form soft peaks.
- 4Gradually add sugar and beat till thick.
- 5Add the yolks one at a time and beat well at low speed till well blended.
- 6Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the sieved flours. Do not stir or over-mix.
- 7Add the essence to a corner of the bowl and fold it in gently.
- 8Bake for about 20-25mins till firm.
- 9Once done remove the cake from the tin and cool completely. Slice the cake into two.
- 10For the filling and icing :.
- 11Drain the pineapple can and reserve the syrup. Add water to the syrup if necessary to make a cup and add enough sugar to sweeten. Add a few drops of pineapple essence.
- 12Whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- 13To assemble the cake :.
- 14Using a spray bottle or spoon soak one slice of cake in the pineapple syrup. The cake should be moist but still firm.
- 15Top with a layer of whipped cream and pineapple pieces. Top with the second slice, also soaked in syrup. Cover the top and sides with a thick layer of whipped cream. Decorate with pineapple pieces and whipped cream.
- 16Refrigerate for 2-3 hrs so it sets well.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.6
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 58.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: