Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 12 ounces corkscrew macaroni
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large green bell peppers or 1 large red bell peppers or 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin and separated into rings
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Drain pineapple chunks reserving 3 tbsp of juice.
- Combine pasta and cauliflower in a large bowl and pour dressing over and mix till well coated.
- (dressing instructions to follow) Refrigerate overnight.
- Add the broccoli, bell pepper, pineapple chunks and onions mixing well.
- Refrigerate till serving time.
- Dressing: Combine vegetable oil, reserved pineapple juice, mustard, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a jar with a lid and shake till well mixed.
I have discovered that I like fruit and vegetables mixed together in a salad and I have always liked pasta. This was a very unique combination of ingredients that I liked very much. The dressing was mighty tangy and zesty which was a bonus. I thought the flavors went together quite well so this one is a keeper. Thanks Denise.