Recipe by Janette's kitchen
This recipe given to me over 30 years ago by a dear lady with whom I worked and is a family favourite. Where the lady got the recipe from is unknown. I had not made it for over 20 years and resurrected it for my family a couple of years ago. The reaction was one of pure delight. We had it for Christmas dinner instead of the more traditional pudding. It can be rather hot at Christmas here in Australia. This dessert keeps well for a couple of days in refrigerator.
- 375 ml Carnation Evaporated Milk, which has been chilled
- 1 (85 g) packet lemon jelly
- 450 g crushed pineapple (tin pineapple)
- 3 -4 passion fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and reserve pineapple juice.
- Heat juice to just on boiling.
- Make jelly with juice and lemon jelly crystals and place in refrigerator.
- Do not allow the jelly to fully set.
- When jelly is ready whip the Carnation milk in large bowl of mixmaster until quite thick.
- Whip jelly in a smaller bowl.
- Combine jelly and Carnation milk.
- Mix in crushed pineapple and passionfruit pulp.
- Soon into tall glasses or into an attractive bowl.
- Refrigerate until fully set.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.