Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pineapple, sherbet, and Ice cream dream!
- 1⁄2 cup ice cube
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple (in juices)
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 scoop Orange sherbet (or pineapple)
- Mix ice cubes, crushed pineapple, milks, sugar and vanilla in blender until smooth.
- Add Ice cream and sherbet (scoop size to your liking) and blend till just smooth. Serve with a fresh pineapple wedge if desired.
Used all regular milk (instead of buttermilk) - delish! The pineapple flavor is very subtle, so if you really like pineapple I'd suggest using more of that or perhaps a pineapple sherbert. I made with the orange sherbert and it tasted like an orange dreamsicle with a slight pineapple accent. Overall this was not as thick as I like my milkshakes, so I'll try using frozen pineapple next time instead. Makes 2 small (short glass) shakes.
Delicious! We really enjoyed this lovely treat. I can't wait to experiment with other combinations - I have some mango sherbet that I think will be delightful for the next batch. Thanks for sharing!
Featured in my Book#237470. Originally reviewed on July 27, 2008. Deliciously refreshing and so easy! I made ours with fat free pineapple sherbet and divided the one portion between the two of us. Thank you 2Bleu (Bird&Budda) for sharing another great recipe that I know we will make many times. Made for Please Review My Recipe.