Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great, soft and smooth cheese ball that is a great addition to any party! It's so quick and easy, it's a must for every recipe book!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- Beat cream cheese in mixer until nice and smooth.
- Gradually add seasoning salt, basil and garlic salt until well blended.
- Stir in pineapple, bell peppers, green onion and cheddar cheese.
- Blend in 1 cup of the chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Shape into ball and roll in remaining 1 cup of pecans.
This is quite good! The flavors are surprisingly complimentary; I reduced the recipe by 2/3's, so I only used 8 oz. of cream cheese, but this cheeseball is big! Thanks for posting, Stay at Home Chef! Made for Spring PAC '09.