Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from Mrs. Fields Cookie Book at the request of a Zaar member.
Make and share this Pineapple Paradise Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple or 1 cup fresh finely chopped pineapple, well drained
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine flour and baking soda.
- Mix well with a wire whisk; set aside.
- In large bowl with an electric mixer blend sugars.
- Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add egg, vanilla, crushed pineapple, and pineapple juice and beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and blend at low speed until just combined.
- Do Not Overmix!
- Drop by rounded Tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, 2-inches apart.
- Sprinkle lightly with shredded coconut, if desired.
- Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until cookies begin to turn lightly brown at edges.
- Transfer immediately to cool flat surface with spatula.