Recipe by AZFoodie
I make this delkcious smoothie every single morning, and not only is it an extremely healthy way to start the day but it's also very quick & simple to make! The added protein powder replaces any high-calorie protein that you might normally have on the morning (eggs, bacon, sausage, etc) and it will help keep you full longer than if it were just a pure fruit smoothie. I buy the frozen pineapple and mango chunks from Costco, and each week I buy a bunch of ripe bananas and peel them, cut them in half and throw them in a bag in the freezer. Then it takes me less than 5 mins to make it in the morning. And this has also replaced my morning coffee habit of 2 cups a day because I add 1/8 tsp of caffeine powder to it as well.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup coconut water
- 1⁄2 banana, frozen, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 2⁄3 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened flaked coconut or 1 tablespoon unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 scoop vanilla protein powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Put orange juice and coconut juice in the blender
- Add the protein powder & coconut.
- Add all of the fruit.
- Blend on high until desired consistency is reached, usually about 40-60 seconds depending on your blender. If it's still too thick after about 30 seconds add a splash more of liquid (water, OJ or coconut water).