Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
You can use pineapple or applesauce in these cupcakes and frost with the frosting recipe included or a nice cream cheese frosting with a bit of orange zest added.
- 88.74 ml butter, room temperature
- 236.59 ml soft brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 118.29 ml drained well crushed pineapple
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml fresh orange zest
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans (optional)
- 59.14 ml butter, room temperature
- 473.18 ml powdered sugar
- 2.46 ml orange zest
- 9.85-19.71 ml orange juice
- Cream well the butter and brown sugar, add in the egg, pineapple and vanilla.
- Combine zest with dry ingredients and combine until a light fluffy batter.
- Place into lined muffin cupcake tins and bake until tester comes away with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- Baking at 350 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place on wire rack, then remove five minutes later onto rack, let cool completely.
- Combine frosting ingredients adding just enough orange juice to make a spreadable frosting, to your liking.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and serve.