Recipe by andypandy
You can use pineapple or applesauce in these cupcakes and frost with the frosting recipe included or a nice cream cheese frosting with a bit of orange zest added.
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup drained well crushed pineapple
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 -4 teaspoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream well the butter and brown sugar, add in the egg, pineapple and vanilla.
- Combine zest with dry ingredients and combine until a light fluffy batter.
- Place into lined muffin cupcake tins and bake until tester comes away with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- Baking at 350 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place on wire rack, then remove five minutes later onto rack, let cool completely.
- Combine frosting ingredients adding just enough orange juice to make a spreadable frosting, to your liking.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and serve.