1/1 Photo of Pineapple Orange Chicken /w Rice
John W Wenzelburger's Note:
I started to make pineapple chicken the other day and ended up with something very different. This dish has a good orange sweet flavor with a hint of pineapple and fills the house with a nice orange smell while cooking. I used crushed pineapple, but I think the tidbits below would be better. Cooking time does not include the cooking of the rice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup any white rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, fine chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger (optional)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large seedless orange, peeled and cut up into ½ inch cubes
- 1 orange, zest of (if you would like more of a pineapple taste, skip this)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice
- 1/2 cup marcella wine or 1/2 cup other sweet white wine or 1/2 cup water or 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1Pre-Cook the rice, any method you like.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- 3In a 3 Qt Dutch oven or other oven safe pan with cover.
- 4Heat the olive oil add the garlic and ginger Sauté until garlic just starts to turn brown.
- 5Add Chicken and Sauté until partially cooked.
- 6Add Pineapple/w juice, Orange and zest, mix.
- 7Add cooked Rice and mix well again.
- 8Add wine and lime, mix.
- 9Cover and place in oven for 20 minute.
- 10If too much liquid take cover off, finished dish should be very moist with only a little liquid in bottom of pan.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Orange Chicken /w Rice
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.6
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 113.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 39.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of