1/2 Photos of Pineapple Orange Cake/Cupcakes
Tastings by CeCe's Note:
A coworker shared this recipe with me. I am not sure of the source. I made them as cupcakes. Prep time does not include chilling in refrigerator. These were made using a Pillsbury Splenda sweetened cake mix. I also purchased the no sugar added 6-pack snack size applesauce (Each one contains 3.95 oz).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 3/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, undrained
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
For the Topping
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In large bowl, beat cake mix, oranges, egg whites, and applesauce on low speed for 2 minutes.
- 3Pour into a 13x9x2 inch baking dish coated with nonstick spray. OR into lightly sprayed muffin pans.
- 4Bake at for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 5In a bowl, combine pineapple and pudding mix. Fold in whipped topping until just blended. Spread over cake.
- 6Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Orange Cake/Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 26
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.0
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 188.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen fat-free whipped topping