Recipe by Tastings by CeCe
A coworker shared this recipe with me. I am not sure of the source. I made them as cupcakes. Prep time does not include chilling in refrigerator. These were made using a Pillsbury Splenda sweetened cake mix. I also purchased the no sugar added 6-pack snack size applesauce (Each one contains 3.95 oz).
- 1 (18 3/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, undrained
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
For the Topping
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen fat-free whipped topping or 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen light whipped dessert topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, oranges, egg whites, and applesauce on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 13x9x2 inch baking dish coated with nonstick spray. OR into lightly sprayed muffin pans.
- Bake at for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine pineapple and pudding mix. Fold in whipped topping until just blended. Spread over cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.