Recipe by out of here
This is a very good cake, especially when you live in the desert--as it is served cold. Very good if you like pineapple. Moist and delicious. This recipe was found in a magazine by my daughter, who made up the most delicious frosting to top it off.
- 1 (18 ounce) package Betty Crocker Super Moist yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) French vanilla instant pudding
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream, plus enough cold milk to make 2 cups
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease bottom only of 13x9 pan; lightly flour.
- Beat cake mix, oil, nuts, eggs, and oranges in a large bowl with mixer on low speed two minutes. Pour into pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Cool 1 Hour.
- Make frosting while cake is cooling: Mix instant pudding with the 1/2 pint whipping cream and cold milk. Beat until thick with mixe. When thick, add the well drained crushed pineapple.