Recipe by Garnet
This bread is moist and very flavorful. I have served it at potluck brunches and it disappears quickly.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (with juice)
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts or 2⁄3 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, sugar and beaten egg.
- Add orange juice concentrate and pineapple and mix well.
- Mix together flour, soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture and blend throughly.
- Add nuts and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9x5 loaf pan and let set while oven heats to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- It's done when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.