Cook1 hr 5 mins
This can be served warm with cooked chicken or pork, or spread on toasted baguette slices or crackers with cream cheese. This is the $200 winner of the BFG Everything Onion Category. March 2007
- In a 12-inch skillet cook onions, uncovered, in hot oil over medium heat about 20 minutes or until very tender and beginning to brown, stirring occasionally (reduce heat to medium-low, if necessary, to prevent over browning).
- Add undrained pineapple, vinegar, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and salt to skillet.
- Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugars; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 35 to 45 minutes or until thickened to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm or transfer to a medium bowl; cover and refrigerate up to 5 days. Warm marmalade in saucepan before serving.
I'd originally tagged this recipe to make as an accompaniment for chicken, but then ended up setting it out at room temperature on my 'dip & dippers, spread & spreaders' table! OUTSTANDING with cream cheese and. . .whatever! A sincere thanks for this great recipe!
I'd saved this recipe a few years ago and finally got around to making it... and it is so good! Tried it on some toast with cream cheese and later I'll be using it on pork chops. This will definitely be a staple in my kitchen... thank you so much for sharing!