1/1 Photo of Pineapple-Onion Marmalade
1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This can be served warm with cooked chicken or pork, or spread on toasted baguette slices or crackers with cream cheese. This is the $200 winner of the BFG Everything Onion Category. March 2007
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 12-inch skillet cook onions, uncovered, in hot oil over medium heat about 20 minutes or until very tender and beginning to brown, stirring occasionally (reduce heat to medium-low, if necessary, to prevent over browning).
- 2Add undrained pineapple, vinegar, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and salt to skillet.
- 3Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugars; reduce heat.
- 4Simmer, uncovered, for 35 to 45 minutes or until thickened to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- 5Serve warm or transfer to a medium bowl; cover and refrigerate up to 5 days. Warm marmalade in saucepan before serving.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple-Onion Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.9
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 63.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 0.5 g