Recipe by Jazz Lover
The best pineapple I have ever had was at a Brazilian Steak House and It was cooked on the grill. So tasty!!
- 6 slices pineapple
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 slices butter pound cake
- vanilla ice cream
- caramel ice cream topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and pineapple juice.
- Microwave uncovered, on high, for 1-2 minutes until bubbly.
- Brush half of the mixture on both sides of pineapple rings and cake slices.
- On an uncovered grill, cook pineapple and cake for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown, brushing occasionally with remaining pineapple juice mixture.
- Top each slice of cake with a pineapple ring and scoop of ice cream, drizzle with caramel topping.