Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love oatmeal muffins and didn't see this one posted--so here it is.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, not drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pineapple w/ juice, sour cream, egg, and butter; blend well.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to pineapple mixture; stir just until moist.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, dividing batter evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
I made these last night to eat this morning, and they were very tasty. I added 1/4 cup more sugar on the advice of a previous reviewer and they were very sweet. Thanks for posting.
These muffins were not sweet enough and didn't have any flavour to them. The texture of the muffin was fine, maybe I should of added the raisins?