Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this recipe on the box of cake mix years ago. It was one of those recipes that you are always finding on a slip of paper, or you find that coconut wrapper with a recipe on it? Come on, you do it too! This is really good! Something about coconut and pineapple! I used a yellow cake, but you could easily go with a white cake; you may have to use a little lemon extract.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces lemon cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (I used almonds)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour 12-cup bundt cake pan.
- Mix coconut, nuts and margarine or butter; sprinkle in pan.
- Drain pineapple thoroughly, reserving syrup.
- Add enough water to syrup to measure 1 1/4 cups.
- Beat cake mix (dry), oil, pineapple liquid and eggs in large mixer bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, until moistened.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl frequently, 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Spoon pineapple evenly over batter.
- Bake until cake springs back when toughed lightly in center, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes; invert on wire rack or heatproof serving plate.
- Remove pan; cool completely.
Very good! I omitted nuts as I didn't have any but this cake was still very good. Nice and moist too. An excellent recipe! Thanks for sharing.
Delicious cake!! Light and fluffy with almonds and coconut on top. The recipe said to put the pineapple on the bottom of the cake, but instead I added it to the topping after placing the almonds and coconut in the pan. I sprinkled the pineapple on to the coconut. Very flavorful! Prepared as a participant in the March 2008 Aus/NZ Swap #14 Event. Thanks Fluffster for sharing this recipe!