Recipe by FLUFFSTER
I found this recipe on the box of cake mix years ago. It was one of those recipes that you are always finding on a slip of paper, or you find that coconut wrapper with a recipe on it? Come on, you do it too! This is really good! Something about coconut and pineapple! I used a yellow cake, but you could easily go with a white cake; you may have to use a little lemon extract.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces lemon cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (I used almonds)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour 12-cup bundt cake pan.
- Mix coconut, nuts and margarine or butter; sprinkle in pan.
- Drain pineapple thoroughly, reserving syrup.
- Add enough water to syrup to measure 1 1/4 cups.
- Beat cake mix (dry), oil, pineapple liquid and eggs in large mixer bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, until moistened.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl frequently, 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Spoon pineapple evenly over batter.
- Bake until cake springs back when toughed lightly in center, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes; invert on wire rack or heatproof serving plate.
- Remove pan; cool completely.