Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 3 dozen cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups instant plain oatmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- 2Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- 3Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, oatmeal, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, brown sugar and then walnuts - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- 4Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- 5PINEAPPLE NUT COOKIES GIFT TAG:
- 6Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1/2 cup butter, softened, 1 egg and 3/4 cup crushed pineapple, well-drained.
- 7COOKIE INSTRUCTIONS:
- 8Preheat oven to 375.
- 9In a large bowl, blend the butter and egg together until fluffy; then mix in the pineapple.
- 10Add the contents of the jar, and stir until well mixed.
- 11Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- 12Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are light brown in color.
- 13Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- 14Serve immediately or store on a plate, covered in foil, for up to 3 days (for best results, do not use an airtight container).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Nut Cookies (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.7
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 142.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant plain oatmeal