Recipe by LAURIE
I love pineapple and this makes 2 very nice loaves. Great for brunch served with ham and scrambled eggs.
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) canthawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and shortening til light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs well.
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients alernately with orange juice into creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in pineapple and nuts by had and mix well.
- Pour into 2 8 1/2x4 1/2 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely.