Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
All the ingredients go into this moist cake recipe at the same time and produces a uncommonly great result. I promise you'll love it!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick salted)
- 1 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar (10x)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake directions:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all cake ingredients together.
- Pour into a greased 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Cook for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out pretty clean.
- Note: this cake turns a dark amber color while baking. One might wonder if the cake is getting overcooked when they see this drastic change in color. This is a good thing so don't stress.
- In a medium sized bowl beat all icing ingredients until smooth.
- When cake has cooled, spread it on.
- Keep this cake in the refrigerator or the icing will go bad!
- (In my original recipe, it said to mix the cake ingredients in the greased baking pan! I am such a chicken so I played it safe and used a mixing bowl. I was afraid it would stick. If someone tries it let me know if it works!).
I picked this chef and this cake recipe for Pick a Chef contest to make for my DIL-to-be. There just couldn't be an easier cake to put together and probably not a more moister one either, so moist you might wonder if it is baked or not!.... from someone that makes a huge amount of cakes recipes, I really want to rate this more than 5 stars, according to my DIL (and myself), it's a wonderful cake! Thank you for sharing....Kittencal:)
decadent.I did mix all the cake ingrediants in the greased pan and it turned out great. i also froze some and it defrosted just fine.The cake is mildly sweet, dense, and moist. There was plenty of icing and everyone loved it. I will definatly make this again.
Not one for changing qty's in baking recipes this time due to not having anymore than a 440g can of crushed pineapple I went ahead anyway (due to the already high sugar content in the recipe I used pineapple in natural juice not syrup) The cake still came out great and got the big thumbs up from hubby who isn't usually a fan of cakes unless they are chocolate:) Thanks for sharing...you've been a breat adoptee in the PAC game!