Recipe by Queenkungfu
All the ingredients go into this moist cake recipe at the same time and produces a uncommonly great result. I promise you'll love it!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I picked this chef and this cake recipe for Pick a Chef contest to make for my DIL-to-be. There just couldn't be an easier cake to put together and probably not a more moister one either, so moist you might wonder if it is baked or not!.... from someone that makes a huge amount of cakes recipes, I really want to rate this more than 5 stars, according to my DIL (and myself), it's a wonderful cake! Thank you for sharing....Kittencal:)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick salted)
- 1 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar (10x)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cake directions:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all cake ingredients together.
- Pour into a greased 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Cook for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out pretty clean.
- Note: this cake turns a dark amber color while baking. One might wonder if the cake is getting overcooked when they see this drastic change in color. This is a good thing so don't stress.
- In a medium sized bowl beat all icing ingredients until smooth.
- When cake has cooled, spread it on.
- Keep this cake in the refrigerator or the icing will go bad!
- (In my original recipe, it said to mix the cake ingredients in the greased baking pan! I am such a chicken so I played it safe and used a mixing bowl. I was afraid it would stick. If someone tries it let me know if it works!).