Prep 35 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this Recipe in the Sunday Paper-Louisville, KY. Sounds great! Complement meat with another recipe I am posting (Fruity Dressing For Pork).
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork loin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard or 2 tablespoons other gourmet mustard
- 1⁄4 cup crushed pineapple in juice
- Score surface of pork by making 1/4-inch deep criss-cross cuts on top surface of the meat.
- Combine remaining ingredients and rub entire surface of pork.
- Refrigerate in a container with the marinade for at least 30 minutes (or overnight to enhance the flavors). Remove meat from marinade and place on aluminum foil.
- Spoon remaining marinade over meat.
- Wrap tightly and bake at 375° for 50 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Allow meat to sit for ten minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- Drizzle remaining cooked juices from the foil on meat, if desired.
My husband loved this recipe. It was so easy to make. The ingredients were on hand and it took no more than 5 minutes to whip up. The best thing is the small marinating time. The meat could have cooked for a little longer, perhaps another 10 minutes.
Looked a little funny but it tasted great.
This was a lovely dinner with a very subtle pineapple flavor. I pureed fresh pineapple for this recipe. I used only 1 T. of Dijon mustard. My pork loin baked a bit longer than 50 minutes -- more like 1 1/2 hours -- and it was juicy and tender. Tasted great!