1/1 Photo of Pineapple Mustard Glazed Ham
3 hrs 30 mins
Cucina Casalingo's Note:
A baked spiral-sliced ham garnished with pineapple slices has a very retro feel. It’s a recipe many of us are happy to revisit, especially around the holidays. Keeping the ham tightly wrapped in foil while it’s in the oven ensures the meat will be succulent and juicy. Use canned pineapple slices packed in juice—fresh pineapple will not be as juicy and may dry out too quickly during cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice. Whisk juice, brown sugar, and mustards in bowl.
- 2Remove ham from packaging and discard plastic disk that covers bone.
- 3Line 13 by 9-inch baking dish with two 24-inch-long pieces of foil.
- 4Place ham cut side down in lined baking dish and brush liberally with glaze.
- 5Using toothpicks, attach pineapple rings all over top and sides of ham. (Do not press toothpicks all the way into ham.)
- 6Brush with more glaze and wrap tightly in foil.
- 7Let stand at room temperature for 1 1/2 hours.
- 8Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 300 degrees.
- 9Bake ham until center registers about 100 degrees on instant-read thermometer, 2 to 3 hours, depending on weight of ham (17 minutes per pound).
- 10Remove ham from oven and roll back foil to expose ham.
- 11Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- 12Brush ham liberally with more glaze and return to oven until glaze becomes golden brown and sticky, 30 to 40 minutes.
- 13Remove from oven, brush entire ham again with glaze, loosely cover with foil, and let rest for 30 to 40 minutes before carving, basting ham with juices once or twice.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Mustard Glazed Ham
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 108.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: