1/4 Photos of Pineapple Muffins With Coconut and Brown Sugar Topping
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
I was in the mood for pineapple and wanted to make some muffins and found few such combinations on this site. I did a quick search and found this on About.com, under the heading Southern U.S. Cuisine, from Diana Rattray. I really liked these, they are flavorful and not overly sweet. I thought they might need a little something and I added some allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg to the topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1Grease 18 muffin cups, or line with paper liners.
- 2in a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pecans and oats. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, melted butter and egg.
- 4Pour into well in flour mixture, stir to blend just until dry ingredients are moistened, but do not overmix.
- 5Gently fold in pineapple and coconut.
- 6Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.
- 7For topping:.
- 8mix together brown sugar, flour, coconut and oats. cut in butter with a pastry cutter till coarse crumbs have formed.
- 9Sprinkle crumb topping over pineapple muffin batter.
- 10Bake muffins at 400 for about 20 minutes, or till tops are lightly browned and firm.
- 11transfer pans to rack to cool for about 5 minutes.
- 12gently turn muffins out onto rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Muffins With Coconut and Brown Sugar Topping
Serving Size: 1 (1515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.1
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Sodium 148.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g