Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice refreshing muffin that can be served for a brunch, breakfast or just along side a nice ham dinner. We've enjoyed the flavor of these muffins for a long time.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Drain pineapple and reserve 1/4 cup juice.
- Combine 1/2 c flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and 1/4 c melted butter; stir well. (Cinnamon mixture to be used later).
- In a large bowl, combine the 2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, milk, remaining 1/4 c melted butter, and reserved pineapple juice; stir well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the liquid ingredients, stirring just until moistened (do not overmix!).
- Spoon batter into greased and floured (or lined) muffin tins, filling 1/2 full.
- Spoon pineapple over batter and sprinkle with the cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes.
Hikies you have done it again. Who knew pinapple muffins. Made these for the weekend at the cottage for a quick breakfast but they ended up nbeing breakfast, snacks and dinner dessert. WOW! Light, fluffy, and delighful. I like the crumb topping and will add more topping next time to make curb or satisfy my sugar tooth. :-)Mike and I really enjoyed these as did the neighbor kids. Made for ZWT 2011 and will make these often!
Loved these! They turned out so moist and delicious! They didn't last long in my house. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7 for the Vivacious Violets.