Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is for use with the NordicWare Mini Pineapple Upside-down Cake Pan, the recipe came with the pan. I'm typing it in here so I don't lose it! The recipe could also probably be made in a well-greased 6-section muffin pan, if the sections are large enough to hold a pineapple ring in the bottom.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 1 T. melted butter in the bottom of each section of the pan.
- Divide brown sugar evenly and sprinkle over butter.
- Place one pineapple ring in each section and place cherry in center of pineapple ring; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients and blend at low speed, scraping bowl often.
- Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter over pineapple slices in pan.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately invert onto heatproof platter.
- Serve warm or cool.
Wow!! I love these muffins. I just took them out of the oven and couldn't wait to taste. I will definately make them again. Made for P-A-R-T-Y December 2009.
These muffins were great. I didn't have large muffin tins so I used some ramikens I have. They are quick to make and I had them baking while we ate dinner. I loved having an indidvidual pineapple upside down cake. Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT5.
Very tasty, and easy to make. I used an extra-large muffin tin, and it worked well. I like that the individual cakes formed a crispy edge around them, but the cakes themselves were very moist and fluffy. Made for ZWT9.