1/2 Photos of Pineapple Mousse La Lorraine
1 hr 15 mins
The chef of La Lorraine in Mexico City shared this recipe secretly with me during the '60's. The stern Mme. who owned the restaurant would have been appalled. I'm sure the restaurant is long gone so I offer this in homage. While seemingly easy the result is velvety, rich, sweet, yet tart. At the restaurant it was served in a pre-baked tart shell. I have served it without and have even used it as frosting on a white cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 pints whipping cream
- 1Heat the crushed pineapple and it's juice, but don't boil.
- 2Remove from the heat and dissolve the Jello in it.
- 3Allow to cool and begin to set.
- 4Whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- 5Fold the mixtures together.
- 6Chill until set.
- 7Fill a pre-baked tart shell or serve in a fancy bowl or frost a cake.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Mousse La Lorraine
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 712.0
- Calories from Fat 529
- Total Fat 58.7 g
- Saturated Fat 36.5 g
- Cholesterol 217.3 mg
- Sodium 193.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 5.8 g