Recipe by Sassy in da South
I found this on the web quite some time ago and added it to my favorites after fixing it the first time.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups pineapple juice
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 8 inch round cake pans.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, replacing the water with pineapple juice.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir in the pineapple and nuts.
- Divide the pineapple mixture evenly between the prepared pans, then cover each pineapple layer with the cake mix batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool cakes for 5 minutes, then turn one layer out onto a plate scraping off any pineapple that may be stuck.
- Next, invert second cake layer onto the first so there is pineapple in the middle and on top of the cake.
- May be served warm with whipped cream, if desired.