Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found in the *Carnival Creations* cookbook by Cyrus Marfatia (Exec Chef of Carnival Cruise Lines), this untried recipe was described as refreshingly ideal to accompany Cajun pork chops or chicken breasts & my bet is it would also be excellent w/ham. This looks so good, so pretty & so easy to fix -- *so* I hope you'll give it a try. *Enjoy* !
- 236.59 ml fresh pineapple chunk
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml white vinegar
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml mint jelly
- 29.58 ml of fresh mint (chopped)
- Grill or broil pineapple till evenly browned & chop into sml cubes.
- In a sml saucepan, heat sugar over med-heat till melted & golden. Then stir in vinegar, lemon juice + mint jelly & simmer briefly.
- Remove from heat, stir in pineapple + chopped mint & allow to fully cool for later use. Voila! All done!
Delicious addition to our pork chops. This recipe was simple to put together and has a lovely pineapple/mint flavor. After the sugar melted and when adding the vinegar, it boiled up quickly and the sugar hardened in the pan. The sugar ended up softening, once I added the other ingredients and let it simmer on a very low heat. Next time, I might lower the heat on my sugar (or take it off the heat while adding the other ingredients.). I love the grilled pineapple and left mine in rather large chunks.