Recipe by Stacey Sweet
This filling is tangy, sweet and colourful! A nice change from a lemon pie. Stacey
- 1 prepared 8 inch pie shell, baked
- 2 ounces cornstarch
- 1⁄4 pint pineapple juice
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 1 ounce butter
- 6 ounces caster sugar
- caster sugar, for decoration
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the cornstarch with a little of the pineapple juice in a sauce pan.
- Add remaining pineapple juice and heat over low heat slowly, stirring until thickened.
- Remove from heat and beat in the egg yolks and butter.
- Pour into prepared pie shell and cool.
- Beat the egg white until stiff.
- Add sugar a little at a time beating to combine until the meringue is glossy and forms soft peaks.
- Spoon over pie and sprinkle lightly with castor sugar.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 325 degrees for 15-30 minutes or until meringue is browned.