Lorrie in Montreal's Note:
This has been in my family recipe repetoire for many many years...its my go-to recipe when I want to make Thehusband happy. (Ground chicken or turkey can be subbed for ground beef) We like this served over rice. You can also make the meatballs smaller and serve them as an appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Mix ground beef with milk,onions,salt and oats.
- 3Shape into 1" meatballs and brown in skillet.
- 4Its not necessary to cook through as they cook in the oven later.
- 5Place meatballs in an oven proof casserole dish.
- 6Drain juice from pineapple and add water to make 1 cup total.
- 7In a saucepan mix flour flour and brown sugar until blended.
- 8Add juice,vinegar, chili garlic sauce and soy sauce over medium heat whisking until mixture comes to a soft boil,allow to soft boil for 1 minute then pour over meatballs.
- 9Add reserved pineapple and peppers and bake for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.3
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 116.2 mg
- Sodium 889.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 41.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: