Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy mix of pineapple, marshmallow, whipped cream over a graham crumb crust.
- 16 ounces large marshmallows
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2 (15 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt marshmallows and milk. Remove from heat and cool, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in lemon extract, pineapple and whipped cream. Mix well.
- Combine graham crumbs and butter. Press 1 1/2 cups into a 13 x 9" pan.
- Spread the pineapple mixture on top. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Refrigerate 2 - 3 hours before serving.
add 1 cup nuts from darelene kossman she got from mrs lawerence henselitvery old recipe very good for company
What a nice dessert. It actually tastes very light but the nutrition facts tell me otherwise. It reminds me of the desserts we often had at our dinner table in the 60's. We would have liked a bit more of the crumb base but it doens't really need it. I made a half recipe and it worked out fine. It set up nicely in 2 hours. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2009.
Served this for a family get together and it was a big hit! I`ll put this in my favorites do again cook book. Thanks so much for posting this recipe.