Recipe by mollypaul
Posted from the CIA Encyclopedic Cookbook, 1988. Try this with Meyer lemon if you can get them. Freezing time not included in preparation time. .
- 24 marshmallows (the large ones)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 2⁄3 cups evaporated milk, chilled
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (fresh is best)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat marshmallows and pineapple juice in the top of a double boiler; fold over and over until marshmallows are partially melted.
- Remove from heat; add pineapple and continue folding until mixture is soft and spongy.
- Whip chilled evaporated milk until stiff; add lemon juice and continue whipping until very stiff.
- Turn into freezing tray and freeze until firm.